A Hassle-Free Consignment Experience
We want to make sure shopping and consigning at our store is as enjoyable and easy as possible. That’s why we’ve worked hard to make sure our store policies are fair, clear and transparent.
Your item will be displayed on our site and offered to customers in store. Consignment sales will have a 3 days return policy when sold online. In-store consignment sales will be final.
You can find a full outline of our consignment policies below. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please get in touch with us.
We look forward to serving you at the new Powder consignment shop!
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org with "Consignment" in the title and a picture of the gown you'd like to consign.
- We will email you the consignment package where you will fill out information for the dress and payment.
- Drop off your gown.
- We will list it, and offer it for sale to our customers online and in-store.
- All shipped items will be mailed with a signature receipt.
- Once the dress is sold, receive your share of the payment!
- WE DO NOT BUY ANY ITEMS OUTRIGHT.
- There is no fee to consign items.
- We will notify you if your items sell, but you can call, email, or stop by the shop to check on their status.
- We reserve the right to accept or decline any item for any reason.
- No appointment is necessary, just bring in your gown with your consignment package form.
- All garments must be clean, odor free, free from holes, tears, stains, and ready for resale. We are happy to repair or spot clean items, but consignor percentage will be reduced on any item that the staff cleans or repairs.
- Final receipts are great if you have them.
- Pictures of the gown worn at the event is highly recommended as it helps make the sale.
- Gowns and dresses must be from the last 5 years, CLEAN, and in excellent condition.
- The consignment contract for all items is currently 6 months. Gowns may be re-consigned at our discretion.
- You will get a reminder when your contract period ends. You will then have 10 days to pick up any unsold items you want returned to you.
- Items not picked up after 15 days become property of Powder.
- We do all the pricing in-store. Dresses are typically priced 1/2 to 2/3 of the previous retail price depending on the item and quality.
- Pricing might be lower if the item was purchased on sale, is from a much older season, or is damaged.
- All items will be discounted some time after 90 days of the contract period and during special sale events.
- Consignors will receive 40% of the final selling price.
- Payments are issued at the end of the month in which the items sold.
- Checks will be mailed each month. Checks not cashed within 90 days will be voided and not reissued. Payment may also be made with Zelle, Paypal, or store credit.